Posted to rec.woodworking
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 08:09:38 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Panels....................$3000
Batteries..................$800
Inverter....................$500
Misc hardware.........$500

Total......................$4800

Use $5000 as an estimate to achieve total independance from an
unreliable supplier.

For that money, just to power a sump pump, I'd certainly go the route of a
Guardian standby generator. You can buy one heck of a whole house generator
for that kind of money. Keep a couple extra propane tanks around and switch
tanks over every 50 hours of runtime. Enjoy life as usual. I feed my whole
house on a simple 8,000 W gas generator, but it's not an automatic setup.
The Guardians are really nice units. I've installed several of them and one
of these days I'll put one in myself.

Hi Mike,

I appreciate your comments about the Guardian stuff, and
would welcome any further information you could offer based
upon your experience with the units.

For example, what might you know about ease of installation,
trustworthiness of the unattended starting, durability, etc.

Sincere thanks,
--
Kenneth