Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Panels....................$3000
Batteries..................$800
Inverter....................$500
Misc hardware.........$500

Total......................$4800

Use $5000 as an estimate to achieve total independance from an
unreliable supplier.

For that money, just to power a sump pump, I'd certainly go the route of a
Guardian standby generator. You can buy one heck of a whole house generator
for that kind of money. Keep a couple extra propane tanks around and switch
tanks over every 50 hours of runtime. Enjoy life as usual. I feed my whole
house on a simple 8,000 W gas generator, but it's not an automatic setup.
The Guardians are really nice units. I've installed several of them and one
of these days I'll put one in myself.

--

-Mike-