Eric R Snow

Default WTD Info on Tapmatic 700X and info on Tapmatics

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:34:24 GMT, Marty Escarcega
wrote:

Anyone know anything about the Tapmatic 700X?
I can't find any info on this model. I think it taps up to a 1/2"

What are the benefits to a Tapmatic vs. power tapping on the Bridgeport?

I don't know anything that's particular to the 700x but MSC will tell
you all you need. As far as using a tapping goes one HUGE reason is
speed. You can tap much faster with a tapping head. Like 8-32 holes at
1200 rpm. Try that power tapping. Also, depending on the brand and
model the torque can be set. So if the tap gets dull or the hole isn't
deep enough. etc., the spindle stops instead of breaking the tap. The
depth of the threads can be held close. Especially nice when bottom
tapping.
ERS