Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default $1800 for a heat pump compressor? Seriously?

SteveB wrote:

"George" wrote in message
. ..

AZ Nomad wrote:

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:30:20 -0500, George wrote:

SteveB wrote:

"clifto" wrote

I look forward to someone telling *why* they're so expensive. If
anyone
has so far, I missed it.

Have you been to the store in the last year? EVERYTHING is getting
expensive.

Steve

For sure, and a lot of people may not realize why. Big box thinking
which resulted in gutting industry has enabled the next dominant world
power. China has been buying commodities (metals, oil, cement etc) like
mad and we need to compete with them.

It won't happen as long as we have environmental laws, they don't, and
we reward american companies who operate overseas to bypass the costs
of our environmental laws.

I didn't mean the overused and ridiculous "we need to compete with them on
price...". My comment regards that we need to compete with them on the
world market for commodities.

That's good. But how do you compete with dishonest people who don't even
recognize common laws trademarks, copyrights, intellectual property or
ASCAP?

Those "common" laws aren't immutable, nor even common. And don't get me
started on ASCAP.

Answer: You don't.

Steve