Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default $1800 for a heat pump compressor? Seriously?

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:30:20 -0500, George wrote:

SteveB wrote:
"clifto" wrote

I look forward to someone telling *why* they're so expensive. If anyone
has so far, I missed it.

Have you been to the store in the last year? EVERYTHING is getting
expensive.

Steve

For sure, and a lot of people may not realize why. Big box thinking
which resulted in gutting industry has enabled the next dominant world
power. China has been buying commodities (metals, oil, cement etc) like
mad and we need to compete with them.

It won't happen as long as we have environmental laws, they don't, and
we reward american companies who operate overseas to bypass the costs
of our environmental laws.

So, realistically, it won't happen. You're an adult. Cope.

This is not Utopia, and you're not Pollyanna. The real world is ugly, and
it's about to become unbearable.

We are standing on the brink of the precipice we have created.

For spiritual types, there is the comfort of the afterlife. For the deep
thinking realists, we're just a social experiment run amok.

Enjoy.

Steve