Posted to alt.electronics
[email protected] galderan1@gmail.com is offline

Default How do I hook up a 3 phase generator to run my house

On Nov 22, 6:54 pm, wrote:
On Nov 22, 6:21 pm, "Don Kelly" wrote:

wrote in message

On Nov 22, 2:19 pm, PeterD wrote:
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:58:46 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I have a three phase genset, lister sr3 engine and three phase 15kw
generator. only two of the three coils are hooked up inside the
generator, the third is wired to the transfer block, but not hooked to
the output anywhere. I hooked the two power wires to my house and have
had no problems. I was just told a few days ago that running a single
phase 220 well pump on what I have will fry the motor. Do I have
anything to worry about? Should I hook up three phase breaker box? Any
recommendations?
Thanks.
William Attwood

how many volts is the generator putting out?

120 volts on each leg to common, 240 leg to leg, which has me
wondering,, shouldn't it be 208?

It should be 208 if 120 line to neutral as you indicate. Are you sure that
this is not a 240V delta with one side center tapped for 120/240V. If so you
have effectively a 5KW generator. Can you give more information regarding
the actual connections?
As for your single phase pump motor- there should be no problems.

--

Don Kelly
remove the X to answer

On the tag: