Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mekon Mekon is offline

Default poster A Frames

Han has brought this to us :

What are the big issues in Oz today?

(In the US there are elections a year from now, and the primary fights
are soon to start in earnest).

But first we have TURKEY today (kalkoen, niet Turkije!)

As I see it - everyone else will have a different view.
(if any readers do lets not argue about it, we get to disagree in a
democracy like ours)

For those not familiar with our parties.
The Liberals are the lead conservative party, even so they are not as
right wing as the US democrats - but they'd like to be.
ALP (Aust Labor Party) Further left than the Libs but not as far as
they once were.

1. Global warming, Kyoto ratification. ALP will sign LIB will not
2. Industrial relations. LIBs will continue to structure IR around a
thing called Work Choices. Which is moving IR to a model where
employers get all the power and employees get screwed. ALP will
dismantle Work Choices. (this is what the signs were about)
3. Interest rates. LIBs made a big deal about keeping them low, there
have been four (?) rate rises in a row. I doubt the ALP will/can do
much better.
4. Energy LIBs promise nothing, ALP promises to invest in alternate
sources.
5. Technology. LIBs promise little. ALP promises, real broadband for
most of us and a laptop for every senior HS student

Websites for more.

www.kevin07.com.au
http://www.liberal.org.au/

There are several other parties which although they matter when the
votes are counted, they cannot get control of the house. They may hold
the balance of power in the Senate (which has happened a number of
times in the past.

Mekon