Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Reduce cold air through receptacles

John61 wrote:
My house is 40 years old. I have sealed all cracks on stucco walls and
around windows etc. In winter, still lot of cold air comes in through
electric receptacles inside exterior walls. Is there a common way to heat
insulate them? Due to possible shock hazard, I don't want to just touch them
before getting some advice.

Sure -- depending, you can use some of the expanding foam around the
outside of the box (careful to don't use too much and blow out a wall
when it expands in a closed space), use some fiberglass or other
insulation to push in the gaps, etc., or/and go buy the little foam
covers that have cutouts for outlets, switches, etc., that will fit
behind the cover plates.