Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default $1800 for a heat pump compressor? Seriously?

no, cold air falls, so you need the 4 ton block of ice in the attic.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
So, a four ton unit is equivilant to four tons of ice? Would I put that
ice
in the cellar, and melt it slowly over the summer?

I know the answer, but I'm not sure you do.

--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
they're so expensive? If it helps, the repair guy said my unit was a
4-tonner. I don't really know what that means, but I assume it
indicates the general size.

equivelent in tons of ice.
I've only seen it previously used as a rating for AC, not heating.