Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:50:09 -0500, Kenneth
wrote:

I researched this problem when we were living with a generator..
Most places suggested a Honda 5000 and optional control panel.. a lot of bucks,
but a sweet unit..

Hi Mac,

Am I correct that the unit you mention is not automatic?
That is, it would not start on its own in the event of an
outage.

Thanks,

The generator doesn't, that's why they said to buy the optional control panel..

A neighbor here has one and the control panel is hard wired into his breaker
panel.. power goes off, the generator fires up..
He also plugs an automotive trickle charger into the generator to charge the
started battery whenever it's running..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing