Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Russell Richard Russell is offline

Default Dodgy digital TV - Mains problem?

On 22 Nov, 00:07, GMM wrote:
We live in a poor TV reception area (really must get a new aerial!),
so the digital will often go a bit dodgy. I notice, however, that it
always pauses when something electrical switches (lights, the fridge,
the heating etc). I doubt that it's the digital box

Nevertheless, boxes do vary in their sensitivity to such
interference. Our old Pioneer On Digital box never suffers from
impulsive interference, but a Humax PVR fed with the same signal is
much worse. So whilst the suggestion to get your aerial/leads checked
and if necessary replaced is a good one, don't rule out the
possibility that a different DigiBox might help.

Richard.
http://www.rtrussell.co.uk/
To reply by email change 'news' to my forename.