Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer Noozer is offline

Default Very Bizarre House Mystery

The horsepower of the motor doesn't matter much in this
kind of scenario -- the stored energy in the spinning
blade is what matters. And I don't think that would be
sufficient. But that's why I asked for the OP's estimate
of the mass of that molding. I'm guessing it's at least
a couple of pounds.

But what you think and what really happens are entirely different.
Experience a good kickback and you'll be a believer. I've seen wood put
through metal garage doors. Traveling at 100+ mph can do some damage.

It should be VERY obvious to the OP whether or not the moulding had been
ripped lengthwise.

Moulding is using crosscut. Definately possible that a piece needed to be
ripped, but not likely.