jim rozen

Default Restored Cataract Bench Lathe

In article , Jim and Jackie Instone says...

Here is the website of how I restored a Cataract Bench Lathe.

http://www.wcnet.org/~jinstone/CataractLathe/

Terrific job! It looks just like mine, which is a "59"
cataract - 5C collet, 9" swing:

http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gallery/files/Rozen,Jim/Nshop5.jpg

and also (though geocities tend to be a bit flaky) for a more
comprehensive view, check out these, which show machine no.
106:

http://www.geocities.com/noramm10566/59DESCR.html

Best to turn off javascript, btw the machine is not for sale at
the moment.

Your machine is notable because it has the exact same pattern
tailstock as mine, a type that I've never seen elsewhere - with
the open-frame squared off construction, and the window in the
top to view the graduations on the ram.

Great job on the reconstruction, it will give you terrific service.

Jim

please reply to: