Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall Switch Timer leaks????

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article
,
Jim Conway wrote:

OOPS! My bad...:-( Should have read hot and ground.

However, unlike the original poster, I can admit when I write
something in error...

Agreed.

His biggest mistake is not calling the manufacturer. Considering that the
brand he's most likely to find in stores is Intermatic, and they *do* make a
timer that handles compact fluorescents, you'd think he would've tried
calling their toll free number. The company's service is excellent. I fried
two of their timers a couple of years back using a 13 watt CF bulb. When I
called, they said they were aware of the problem, but didn't have a fix yet.
Last summer, out of the blue, I get a package with a nice note from the
company's president, and a new model designed to handle CF bulbs. It's doing
fine.