Posted to rec.woodworking
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:06:32 -0500, "Peter Bogiatzidis"
wrote:

Kenneth,

How about going for the smallest automatic generator that you can find and
then allowing your neighbor to tap into it during a power failure, right
after he checks your sump pump? That sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Your neighbor may have to do some leg work at his house, but he should be
able to run his circulating pump for heat, his well pump (assume he is on
well water as you are), and maybe a light or two. Granted, not all at the
same time, but it does offer him some incentive. Just a thought.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Indeed, it would be a win-win, but...

My closest neighbor is on the order of a half mile. If I
could afford that cord, I could afford a big automatic
generator!g

All the best, and thanks for thinking about it,
--
Kenneth