Posted to alt.electronics
Art Art is offline

Default 70V questions

Without the apparent knowledge of what, and where, you are attempting ot
accomplish, it may be best to refer your specific quest to a qualified
electrician. Even 24 VAC, (and even less) may be lethal if inappropiately
connected to the human body. IHMO!
wrote in message
Hi Guys

I need to use 70V to power a solenoid for about 1sec at a time. I
would like to controll it with a PIC microcontroller.

What would be the best to get the 5V of the pic to activate the 70V
circuit of the solenoid? Is there any super transistor or is the only
way to do it by using a relay? Can somebody give me some google
keywords to find the right component to use and the applicable
attributes that I need to look out for?

In addition to that, I don't know how to get 70V from anywhere.
Preferrably, I want to get it from the wall socket. The transformers I
can find is only betwen 3V and 24V. I'm in Europe. Where can I buy
something that I plug into the wall and get 70V out. Again a few
google keywords will be helpful.

Safety: The 24V doesn't seem to shock me at all. Will 70V give you a
shock?

Thanks!