Posted to alt.home.repair
DonC DonC is offline

Default TV

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:59:28 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 08:24:48 -0600, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

Strange how many people assume the law isn't limited (as it is) to
OTA.

It isn't what the law is limited to, it is what the cableco can get
away with. As I said above, Comcast, the general scum of the earth, is
already cutting off analog for anything that isn't "must carry". That
is basically what you could get with a coathanger.

Some people don't get to experience Comcast

Some people experience Comcast's arrogance and then move on to more friendly
territory. I switched from them to Dish Network but was stuck with them for
internet service.

I now live in a town with two internet providers - Cox and Quest - and the
competition is great for the customer. Both also provide telephone service
so prices are low and the service is great. I still have Dish Network 'cuz
the HDTV content and HD-DVR offerings are much better.