Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default 220 volt to 110 volt

In article
,
terry wrote:

Respectfully suggest that anyone asking that question in that manner
does not have the knowledge to safely do such work.

This is a DIY group, Terry, and the OP appears to be intelligent. I
don't care whether he knows a ground from a neutral when he walks in
here; if he's capable of understanding the answers he gets then he's
capable of doing the job himself, safely and correctly.

I've seen a lot of idiots wander in here, for whom your response might
be appropriate, but I wouldn't put this fellow in that category at all.