Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default 220 volt to 110 volt

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , CJT wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article

, Tool
wrote:

[snip]

Is this as simple as taking the 220 wires, and connecting only one hot
wire side with the common wire and ground wire to a standard 110 volt
outlet?

No. You probably need to pull a new cable. A 240V circuit consists of two hot
conductors and a ground -- and NO neutral conductor. A 120V circuit consists
of one hot, one neutral, and one ground.

[snip]

.... and simpler still to use a 240V light.

What about the "standard 110 volt outlet" mentioned by the OP?

Well, I took it he was open to suggestions.