Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default 220 volt to 110 volt

In article , CJT wrote:
wrote:

Nobody asked you the most important question. Is your pump motor
240/120 convertible? Most are with a simple swap of a jumper under the
bell cap. The next question is, what does it draw at 120v?
Generally speaking I would say you can do this if it is 1HP or less.
Probably not if it is 1.5HP. I bet you have 14ga wire going out there
(15a). This will need to be GFCI protected.

I can't imagine why he would want to switch it from 240 to 120.

So that he won't have to pull a new cable, of course.

--
Regards,