Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

Kenneth wrote:

I need to drive only a sump pump, and a small fan in a
direct vent gas heater. The units I have seen are in the 7KW
range, and I need a small fraction of that.

Thanks to all for your comments,

The transfer switch arrangement would be cost prohibitive for such a
small load. Depending on the average run time required you may be able
to get away with battery back-up using an "Uninterruptable Power Supply"
(UPS). Check out Tripp-Lite's web site for an idea of the prices.

http://www.tripplite.com/products/ups/

I checked a one for a 700 Watt draw , 10 hour reserve at about $850.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA