Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

In article , Kenneth wrote:
Kenneth wrote:

[snip]
I need something on the order of 5-10KW.

[snip]
The units I have seen are in the 7KW range

Seems to fit -- I'm not sure I see the problem here... g

and I need a small fraction of that.

If all you really need to power is a sump pump and a small fan, then an
automatic backup unit seems to be overkill; is there a reason you can't use,
say, a 1500-watt portable generator?

Consider a sump pump with an alternative power source, too, such as Basement
Watchdog or Ace in the Hole.

--
Regards,