Posted to rec.woodworking
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default OT- Small - Automatic - Generators...?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:54:10 GMT, (Doug
Miller) wrote:

In article , Kenneth wrote:

Howdy,

Yes, this is OT, but you folks seem to know everything...g

I need to get an automatic backup generator, but my needs
are unusual:

The fully automatic units I can locate are all in the range
of 7000KW.

???

7000KW = seven megawatts.

You might want to check that again... or quit looking at industrial equipment.

I need something on the order of 5-10KW. So, compared to the
"standard" residential backup unit, the one I am looking for
is really tiny. But, anything over that (approximate)
capacity would just be money wasted.

Actually, 5 to 10 KW *is* a standard residential backup unit.
7000KW is high-end industrial size.

Might any of you suggest sources for such a small (but fully
automatic) generator?

http://www.generac.com/Products/Resi...ooled/7KW.aspx

Hello again,

Hey, lighten up... I was only off by a factor of 1000...BG

The units I have seen are in the range of 7KW, and I need
something on the order of 10-20% of that.

Thanks,
--
Kenneth