Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default TV

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:37:07 -0700, "DonC"
wrote:

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:22:06 -0500, "Mark" wrote:

On February 17, 2009, federal law requires that all full-power television
broadcast stations stop broadcasting in analog format and broadcast only
in
digital format. So if your new TV doesn't have a digital tuner you will
need a converter box to receive anything, even just plan over the air
broadcasts.

You won't need a converter for cable if you just want the analog
channels.

Which won't exist after 2/17/2009. So you may "want the analog channels"
but there won't be any.

Not True. The law is just about terrestrial OTA and says nothing about
cable. In fact, I heard something about cable systems being REQUIRED
to provide analog service until at least 2012.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin