Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default 220 volt to 110 volt

In article , Tater wrote:
On Nov 19, 10:58 pm, Tool wrote:
I have a 220 volt line that powers my pool pump. I want to run 110
volt lights near the pool pump and would like to convert 220 to 110.
Is this as simple as taking the 220 wires, and connecting only one hot
wire side with the common wire and ground wire to a standard 110 volt
outlet?

I am not an electrician, but....

Then perhaps you should consider not answering electrical questions...

I believe that is how they do it on 220V electric ranges.

... especially when you don't know the answers.

To the OP: ignore Tater.

--
Regards,