Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default TV

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:22:06 -0500, "Mark" wrote:

On February 17, 2009, federal law requires that all full-power television
broadcast stations stop broadcasting in analog format and broadcast only in
digital format. So if your new TV doesn't have a digital tuner you will
need a converter box to receive anything, even just plan over the air
broadcasts.

You won't need a converter for cable if you just want the analog
channels.

"Frank" wrote in message
Need to replace a 19"TV we have in our kitchen Really don't need a lot of
bells etc. But would like a digital tuner . I see many crt sets for under
$200 and I now see Sylvania has a LCD set with rectangular screen for
about $240.
I don't feel wide screen is that big a deal ,but taking the weight and
location of the set(up on a wall mount) I am considering the Sylvania.
Any advice?
Frank

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin