Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default TV

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:14:19 -0500, "Charles"
wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message
Need to replace a 19"TV we have in our kitchen Really don't need a lot of
bells etc. But would like a digital tuner . I see many crt sets for under
$200 and I now see Sylvania has a LCD set with rectangular screen for
about $240.
I don't feel wide screen is that big a deal ,but taking the weight and
location of the set(up on a wall mount) I am considering the Sylvania.
Any advice?

LCD TVs are very nice ... but don't know anything about Sylvania. These old
brands (like RCA) have little or no connection to the original companies.

Current RCAs seem unreliable. Sylvania looks good.

Check the:

1/ Warranty offered
2/ Repair situation (one cannot get parts for some sets now offered)
3/ Ratings and customer satisfaction (Google might be very helpful here)

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"I have found Christian dogma unintelligable. Early
in life I absented myself from Christian assemblies."
-- Benjamin Franklin