Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Wall Switch Timer leaks????

Nice reply to someone trying to help you. There is no such switch as a "two
way" I suggest before you criticize anyone, learn some electrical basics,
then someone may be able to understand what you're talking about and help
you. Oh and loose the attitude

wrote in message
On Nov 19, 5:07 pm, M Q wrote:

bare wire. The white wires and bare wires are tied together,

No. No. No.
You have something miswired. White wire should never be connected
to a bare wire except in the main panel.

You misread the sentence. It does NOT say white wires are tied with
bare wires. It says white wires are tied together, and the bare wires
are tied
together and not with each other. Also, it says that I DID NOT TIE
them,
it implied they were ALREADY tied and this alone should give you a
CLUE that
you misread something.

If the timer does not have a neutral wire, or a separate power
source, such as a battery, then there will always be leakage,
as that is how it gets its power.

The sentence does not ask if to disconnect a bare wire from the
timer,
It asks whether the fact that the regular 2-way switch is NOT
connected to
the bare wire has something to do with the leak appear on the timer
switch and not the
regular 2-way switch.

You should probably get some experienced help with reading first.