Eric R Snow

Default tips on stump burning?

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:47:37 +0100, "Steve"
wrote:

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:59:38 -0500, "williamhenry"
wrote:

anyone have any suggestions on the best way to burn stumps

the holes and fill 'em with diesel or kerosene, let it soak in, and
repeat until it will take no more, Then light it. I've also heard of
dissolving saltpetre in water and letting that soak in and dry. Then
the stump burns completely, but slowly, for a number of days. More of
a smolder really.
ERS

How about mixing up some thermite and pouring that into the holes?

Steve

Steve,
That's a great idea. Can you get the powdered aluminum and iron oxide?
Seems like they are maybe controlled or something. But several holes
filled with this mixture would certainly tend to dry out the stump if
nothing else! I still like the idea of LOX. But what about running a
pipe into a hole drilled horizontally as near the ground as possible?
Use the oxy tank for the supply, get a little fire going with oil or
kero or wax and then supply the oxygen. If you can get the flame to
start burning deep in the hole and just keep feeding pure oxygen I bet
that stump will be gone in no time. In fact, I think I'll try this
sometime.
ERS