Posted to alt.home.repair

Default There is no single toggle switch plate for a double gang box?

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have an exterior brick wall with a metal double gang box (why I don't
know). It has a square metal cover plate (one that is made of the same
material as the box itself). However, all the other switch covers around
that wall are white so I am trying to find one but I searched and searched
and finally concluded they don't make a single toggle swicth for a double
gang box? or was I looking in the wrong place? There has to be one
somewhere?

I am guessing that you currently have a 4" square surface cover on the box.
Remove that and install a one gang mud ring. They come in several different
depths including flat. Home Depot usually only has one or two depths, but
an electrical supply company will have more choices. You can then install a
regular switch plate on the switch. If you need a wide cover you can
special order a double width single toggle wallplate (Not an oversize
wallplate) which is a two gang wall plate with the toggle opening in the
middle. Go to an electrical supply company and ask if they have a Mulberry
wall plate catalog that you can look at.