Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Looking for outdoor LV cable

I'm looking for about 5 metres of 4-core cable for a low voltage outdoor
security application (photoelectric beam detector). The alarm companies
I've spoken to don't supply outdoor-quality cable and encourage me to
the "ordinary" stuff on the basis that it will "probably" be OK and it's
cheap enough to replace if it fails.

Looking in the CPC catalogue (last year's, but that's another story...)
the best I can find is a 100-metre reel of ten-pair telecom cable at
about GBP 60.

I suppose the other way to proceed would be to put indoor-quality cable
in conduit but I want it to look unobtrusive so the smaller the better.

Any ideas?

--
Mike Barnes