Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Odd problem with generator ..?

HI CJ

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 00:00:36 -0000, "cj" wrote:

Hi
Was the chiller unit running when you plugged in or did you go straight into
the supply with no other load.
The reason I ask is that earlier generators were series wound device and
needed a minimal load before they would exite.
May just have been that your kit didn't want enough power.

That's a possibility....

....must take an electric heater with me next time g

- mind you - wouldn't have been a bad idea yesterday -

fairly strong, cold, northerly breeze going straight through two pairs
of socks and two pairs of trousers - but I believe you had snow on the
hills back in England, so I suppose we shouldn't complain....

The fun of an open-air market !

Thanks
Adrian