Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Odd problem with generator ..?

HI Dave

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 00:35:25 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
So - any bright ideas as to what might have been going on with the
genny

My curse on those playing 'music' outside worked...

Well - I'm not surprised it didn't work if both you _and_ God had it
in for me - I should have just stayed in bed ! g

We don't make a habit of it (the music) - just thought it'd help
create the right atmosphere for the market this once....

Odd that the usual chiller system seems quite happy with this
particular flavour of mains.....?

No chance it was 110v?

Well - there's always a chance ! g
This is Ireland, after all...... but the connection was on
standard 240v 3-pin outlets. He had some other stuff plugged in there
- must take a look next time I see him and see what sort of kit that
was....

To be honest, I'm more concerned for the guy who owns the stall /
genny combination - maybe I should suggest that he gets 'somebody who
knows' to take a quick look at his genny / wiring - in the nicest
possible way....

I have one of those '3 neon' mains tester plugs - I guess that might
show up something ?

Thanks
Adrian