Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dbs.systems@msn.com is offline

Default Should I get permit to finish basement

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:34:06 -0800 (PST), car crash
wrote:

I want to finish my basement....I'm putting up 2 walls and some
electrical. I realize that by law I'm suppose to get a permit but
lots of people are telling me not to even bother. It will increase my
taxes substantially and that's about it.
Someone was telling me that in Ottawa about 50% don't get permits to
finish their basements.

Don't get the permit. When you go to jail, be sure to write us.

This post gets the idiot award of the month !!!!
At least if you are going to violate the law, dont tell the world.

Why dont you just steal an expensive car and park it at your local
police station parking lot so no one steals it from you........

This message wins ..........
*** IDIOT AWARD WINNER OF THE MONTH for NOVEMBER 2007 ***