Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default Update on wire brushing

"Ignoramus18452" wrote in message
Tom, this was the most succinct post on the subject of wire
brushing. Thanks a lot. I saved it. I have decided to swap my 1/2 HP,
1750 RPM motor for a 3/4 HP, 3450 RPM motor, I will do so tonight.

I'll try to find an electronic format of the application and speed pages in
an old Weiler catalog, great info! I did post an unclear statement about
sharpening a wire wheel with a stone. I could see how I shouldn't have
stated that. Done wrong, it will make things worse. The best way to
sharpen a brush is to turn it in the lathe against a tool post grinder.
Sometimes we grind a profile for very special applications. Good luck with
your new set-up, it sounds like it will do a great job!