Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default How to identify "Trailer Trash"

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:35:52 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:08:59 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:07:50 -0500, (Charles
Pisano) wrote:

They have the faux testicals hanging from the back of their pick 'em up
truck...
or

Live in a High Rise trailer. (pic)
http://www.manbottle.com/pictures/redneck_highrise.jpg

Actually, in a lot of locales, the thing to do. I've seen lots of them on
telephone poles along the Gulf Coast. They get thinned every year, but
like
perennial plants, new ones bloom from the stubs left after a hurricane.

I grew up on the Gulf Coast of South Florida and the Everglades.

In the 50's "fish houses" were off shore in costal areas. The small
fishermen would off load fish, crabs, oysters, etc. They were on pole
"stilts"/ telephone poles. The fish house moved the food to shore and
market.

There might be a few to photograph, but they are now gone for ever.
One place driving into the FL Keys, a bar was called the _Tilting
Hilton_ ( sloped floor g) The owner had too give up this "homestead"
when roads expanded.

As a deer camp, a quick and easy summer retreat, or as your main castle,
there are upsides to them. And an instant view of your neighbor's double
wide.

Steve

In going in and out of lots and lots of marshes along southern Louisiana on
our way out to the rigs, we passed lots of very creative "camps" where
shrimpers and fishermen would tie up rather than make it to port every day.
Reading about the marshmen of previous generations was inspiring because
those was tough people! The mosquitos were enough to drive a normal person
crazy. Then throw in a few alligators and the rest and .............

Steve

GUMBO!