Posted to alt.home.repair
WalkingMan WalkingMan is offline

Default New heating furnace

On Nov 16, 3:58�pm, wrote:
If it were mine, I would not be replacing what seems to be a perfectly
good furnace. �Otherwise I'd be looking into exactly what the problem
is and not necessarily blaming the furnace. �For all I know it' really
just a draft soemplace.

Was the furnace always noisy?? If not, perhaps maintenance might
alleviate. If the external thermometer reads lower than the
thermostat, set the thermostat a couple of degrees, the OLD
thermostats had adjustable dials, wife liked to set the dial at 80, so
I adjusted it to read 80 and actually be 75. I know that is warmer
than is PC, but......change air filter, have your ducts been cleaned
recently??
When I replaced my downstairs ceiling, I found that the builders had
turned the return duct for the bedroom 16 inches too soon, so it was
vacuuming the space between floor and ceiling.
When I replaced the 40 year old furnace which was noisy and
inefficient, I insisted that we get a LARGER BTU capacity than the
older one, to the chagrin of the estimator, but have been happy with
the unit for almost 20 years now, tho it is getting a little noisy.
WM