Posted to alt.home.repair
StarMan StarMan is offline

Default Smooth caulk joints

"HerHusband" wrote in message
Looking online, I see many tips about using TAPE to create nice edges
when needed, when you smooth the joint.
Are there any techniques for making an accurate line without tape?

If you use caulk labeled "water cleanup" (usually latex), you can achieve
perfect results every time using a bucket of water and a sponge.

Good idea for bathtubs, bad idea when caulking baseboards over hardwood
floors or between windows and wood sills :-)

I find I can get good results if I constantly wipe the joint after using my
finger (and constantly wiping the finger), but it is a big headache. I am
going to try the "wet finger" idea tomorrow.