Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Knight chess-piece "plan"?

the usual way to do this (on a wood lathe) is to imagine the surface made by
rotating the horse head - you create that shape (which looks kinda like a
weird torus) and then slice through it to get two heads, which you affix to
a traditionally turned base.

"Brent" wrote in message
On Nov 14, 12:18 pm, Brian Lawson wrote:
Hey All,

Anybody got a suggestion or sample/drawing/pix of a Knight chess-piece
that I can make by turning and minor milling? I don't want a "3-D
horse head impression" or casting, or even a "real-looking" (a la
Staunton), but something I can make with MY shop tools. I think I'm OK
on the other 5 pieces, but can't figure out how to "create" a
definitive knight.