Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Update on wire brushing

On Nov 18, 1:22 am, "Tom Gardner" wrote:

I've found the best way to sell more brushes is to just keep my mouth shut!

If you're reversing a brush, it is not the right brush, speed, alloy, HP or
trim...take you pick of one or more. If the wire is laying over by more
than a couple of degrees, something is wrong. Engineers sometimes spend
weeks with clients analyzing an industrial application to match all the
variables. On the other hand, for general shop use the cost is no real
concern and no brush manufacturer makes any money on that family of
products.

Is there some place that describes the variables and how to select a
wire brush.
How many different wire brushes ( Short of the answer you really want
to give of thousands ) could a home shop justify having. How about a
commercial shop?
In a commercial shop, is it really worthwhile to do some sort of
maintenance on wire brushes? If a home shop is only going to have one
wire brush, what should it be?

Dan