Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Toilet leak

The upper tank must be in firm contact with the lower bowl or else the upper
tank can rock and cause a leak from the bolts. The problem arises with the
gasket where the two meet. IT takes alot of pressure to compress it and you
are always afraid you will crack something. I have no good hints other than
to slowly tighten the tank bolts and maybe use a little silicon lube on the
gasket until you achieve solid contact. SOmetimes a different size gasket is
available. I have the same problem and do not know of any good fixes. I
once had my kid sit on the tank and that still was not enough force to
compress the gasket. I knew it was doable because I was reusing the gasket.
My only conclusin is that toilet bolws are tougher than they look and can
withstand the forces needed to seat the tank without cracking

"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
Now I think it's the gasket between the tank and the bow that's not
seating. Any fixes for this. The gasket is new and fits around the
threads of the tank drain thing..