Jim Levie

Default tips on stump burning?

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:59:38 -0500, williamhenry wrote:

anyone have any suggestions on the best way to burn stumps

I know I can have it ground , this is purely an entertainment stump,

just want to play with a little fire ?

can I pour LOX on it like in the grill video and reduce it to ash in short
order?

It's not much in the way of entertainment, but I've burned many a stump 8"
or more below ground level by setting a 55gal drum with no ends on bricks
over the stump. Fill the barrel about two thirds full of chunks of wood
and light it off. The process will take a number of hours and the fuel
supply above the stump will need replenishing from time to time.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.