Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default Screwfix tut

In message , Jim S
wrote
I needed to find a long bolt to take a wing-nut for a piece of equipment as
the tread has stripped.
Knew Screwfix would have one, but received no help whatsoever from the
staff. I was told to look in the catalogue. I knew neither the thread or
whether it would take a wing-nut.
I left and went to local DIY shop (Maxwells)
Heaps of bolts of all sizes in fixtures for me to try.
Bought several for 10p each.
Screw Screwfix

You wanted Screwfix to provide staff for perhaps 15/30 minutes for them
to get you samples of all their bolts for you to try at a cost of, say,
£2/3 so that you could purchase 20p of bolts?
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com