Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Garden Gates

"Derek Geldard" wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:33:36 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I live in north Leeds (Chapeltown) and we don't chuck ours about either.

Oh, but you do. ;-)

In our opinion we don't.

We don't have any tradesmen (or women).

Really?

sigh We don't have any tradeswo/men doing work for us.

Let me guess. You have them bussed in from Poland?

No, we do everything ourselves.

(Many a true word ... )

There have been Polish people in Chapeltown since WW2. Some in our street.
Those older ones are dying off though, leaving lots of (usually) Italisan
widows. It's sociologically fascinating . Not to everone, I suppose ...

This is a diy group :-)

Experienced local brain surgeons with a good reputation charge a lot
more.

Mine charged nothing.

I think you'll find that's not actually the case. It's more likely
that someone else paid the bill. There is a difference.

OK, I was charged nothing at the point of service. Happy now?

Bet you're not.

However, since this is a DIY group, maybe you did it yourself. I often
wondered if dentists patched up their own teeth in the mirror but
that's ridiculous.

I've done it. I've stabilised broken bones with plaster too.

Needs must ...

Mary