Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default SHOULD THE REGULAR POSTERS OF THIS GROUP MOVE?

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 20:13:27 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

wrote:
(snip)

Years ago, I created a few web pages. Just simple text with a few
pictures and a nice looking background image. Hi-tech meant adding a
few animated .GIF files, and soem scrolling text used sparcely. The
sites loaded quick, did not need lots of power and software, and they
got the message across just as well as all these bloated sites they
have now.

Of course there are still those nervous credit cards. You know, the
ones that shake back and forth (animated gif). I never understood the
point to that. But I do know if I started trembling that much when I
pulled out my credit card, I either have a stolen card, or I'm going
much too far into debt. Whoever made that animation really lacks
artistic creativity.....

'Nervous credit cards'. I love it!

About the only thing I'm using Proxomitron for now is to disable
animated GIFs. These are annoying and make it harder to read the page.

Preaching to the choir on the showoff web sites with all the useless eye
candy- I hate those things, even though I finally have a decent
connection. Any vendor web site that I go to that has that crap, runs a
serious risk of me saying 'screw it', and looking elsewhere to spend my
money.

aem sends...

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"