Eric R Snow

Default tips on stump burning?

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:59:38 -0500, "williamhenry"
wrote:

anyone have any suggestions on the best way to burn stumps

I know I can have it ground , this is purely an entertainment stump,

just want to play with a little fire ?

can I pour LOX on it like in the grill video and reduce it to ash in short
order?

I have access to the aluminum suits and safety gear ,

might really spice up the fourth ?

might really get hurt

Oh yeah! Go for it. Drill a bunch of holes, pour the stuff in, let it
soak a few milliseconds, then light it. Mebbe it'll get hot enough to
burn the water in the stump! If it's dry enough you could drill all
the holes and fill 'em with diesel or kerosene, let it soak in, and
repeat until it will take no more, Then light it. I've also heard of
dissolving saltpetre in water and letting that soak in and dry. Then
the stump burns completely, but slowly, for a number of days. More of
a smolder really.
ERS