Roy

Default tips on stump burning?

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:59:38 -0500, "williamhenry"
wrote:

===anyone have any suggestions on the best way to burn stumps
===
===I know I can have it ground , this is purely an entertainment stump,
===
===just want to play with a little fire ?
===
===can I pour LOX on it like in the grill video and reduce it to ash in short
===order?
===
===
===I have access to the aluminum suits and safety gear ,
===
===might really spice up the fourth ?
===
===might really get hurt
===

Stumps from my experience are pretty darn hard to burn out. After the
tree is cut its way to green, and it takes a considerable amouint of
time to dry, which in the meantime in comes rain and winter, whjich
compounds problems even worse. There usually is not sufficient dry
matter even on a dead stump of some time to support a hot enough fire
to dry remaining wet wood to the point of it burning. I have caught
some stumps just right and it then took days of just a smoldering
stump (glowed really nice in the night time) to eventually burn up, or
at least down into the below ground sections.

What some entertainment, get some dynamite and ammonium nitrate and
diesel fuel. Be a short show, but entertaining just the same.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.