Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Insulating steam pipes

We'll see won't we? If the reflectix goes in 10-15 years I'll
replace with the same. Cheap and easy to install. To each his own I
guess. Cutting fibreglass is a pain and requires long sleeves,mask
and glasses. Refletix is 100% safe to handle and only requires
scissors. The OP is doing the right thing by insulating his steam
pipes. I chose an effective, affardable and easy to use solution to
the same problem. I have already noticed the efficiency increase and
will see an $$$ savings too.

I have seen reflextic foil deteriorate on pipes and peal away, Ive had
fiberglass on steam pipes for 30 years with no deterioration. Steam
heat is maybe 60-190f above reflextics recommendations, steam can
maybe be near 150 -300f- Hide quoted text -