Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK RichK is offline

Default gas furnace

Noisy is a relative concept. If you read info on furnaces - you'll find
that some are quite noisy. My old furnace is MUCH quieter than some new
high efficiency units belonging to my neighbors. Doubt that the landlord
picked that model, just to annoy you and others.

If you insist on inspection, offer to pay for it, especially if the furnace
if found OK. If the furnace if found defective, the landlord should pay for
the whole thing.

RichK

"edwin_g" wrote in message
Hello. I am renting a house in Idaho and the gas furnace is loud when
it goes on. It is not an explosion, it seems more like some sort of
resonance similar to an old motorcycle that goes on for a few minutes
before the hot air starts blowing. I have never heard a gas furnace
this loud. The landlords have vacuumed it and it hasn't helped. Any
suggestions or similar experiences? Thanks.