Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Insulating steam pipes

wrote in message
I'm in my second season with reflectix. Appears to be fine. I have
noticed the living areas warnm up quicker and stay warmer longer. The
basement is gently warmed by the pipes instead of being a hotbox from
the uninsulated pipes. Even if the reflectix needs to be replaced in
a few years the amount will still be minimal and well worth it. When
the overpriced fiberglass goes (it will too) it will cost far more.
Garbage men may not take the fiberglass thinking its asbestos then you
have a disposal problem. If they sell it as pipe wrap I'm sure it can
handle the task.

I've seen fiberglass insulation many years old with no sign of degradation. What
makes you think it won't last?

Bob